Problem Solving – Paper Run Puzzle
Find the shortest route possible to solve this brain teaser.
Paper Run Puzzle
My class really enjoyed this math puzzle. It’s a great way for fast finishers to stretch their brains!
Things to Think About & Test Out:
– Rewrite, or tell a friend, what you have to do in this puzzle?
– What more information might you need to help solve this puzzle?
– Try starting at a house in the middle rows? How did you go?
– Try starting at a house on the outside rows? How did you go?
– Start at a house with an odd number of streets leaving from it?
– Start at a house with an even number of streets leaving from it?
– How will I record the house that I started at? Some people use a different colored counter to indict the starting house. Can you think of a better way?
– Look back over your attempts. What strategies are looking the most promising?
– This problem-solving puzzle can be used as a whole class exploration, in group work and learning centers, or for an extension and early finisher activity.
Included in This Download:
3 A4 puzzles for classroom displays.
3 Task Card size puzzles for group work, learning centers, and early finishers.
3 Polya based meme posters
1 PowerPoint puzzle for classroom display and discussion.
3 line puzzles for scratch working out.
1 JPEG puzzle for use with a computer.