Popcorn Words – Sight Word Game
Popcorn Words Game – ‘No Three in a Row’ is an engaging sight word game for those learning to read. This version of the game focuses on the ‘Popcorn Words’ – the ones that just keep popping up in your reading.
Popcorn Words Game
FREE & Printable Popcorn Words Game
Sight Word Game:
Popcorn Words Game – ‘No Three in a Row’ is an engaging sight word game for those learning to read.
What You Need:
1 Word Game Board
15 Counters of One Color
15 Counters of Another Color
How to Play:
1. Player One is the person with the shortest hair.
2. Player One chooses a word, states it clearly to Player Two, and places one of their counters on it.
3. Player Two then chooses a word, states it clearly to Player One, and places one of their counters on it.
4. Play continues in this fashion until a player is forced to lay a counter and it makes a row of three either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
How to Win this Popcorn Words Game:
Be the person who DOES NOT place 3 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Included in this Download:
2 Full-Color Game Boards
2 Low Color Game Boards
1 PowerPoint Version with All the full-color versions of the game boards for easy discussion and revision.
Popcorn Words Board 1 Has All the Words from:
Unit 1 – I, like, the & and.
Unit 2 – see, we, a & to
Unit 3 – come, me, with, my, you, what, are & now
Popcorn Words Board 2 Has All the Words from:
Unit 4 – is, how, find, this, will, be, go & for
Unit 5 – make, play, said, good, she, all, he & no
Unit 6 – do, down, have, help, look, out, off & take.
More Sight Word Games:
- NB You can also download this Sight Word Game from Teachers Pay Teachers if you prefer.
- Check Out Some of Our Other Sight Word Games – We Have Dolch, Fry & Jonson