Prime Numbers Game
This Game Explores the Properties of Square & Prime Numbers
Prime Number & Square Number Game
Game in a Nutshell:
Version 1 – A die is thrown, if the player lands on a prime number they state the properties of the prime and move their piece back to the last prime. If they land on a square number they state the square factor & move forward to the next square number.
Version 2 – Go back on square numbers and forward on prime numbers.
What You Need:
1 Game Board
How to Play:
1. Player One throws a die and moves their counter to the number shown.
– If a player lands on a space that is neither square nor prime then their counter remains on that space and they end their turn.
– If a player lands on a prime number they state the factors of that number and then move to the next prime, state its factors and end their turn.
– If a player lands on a square number they state the square factors of that number and then move back to the next square number, state its square factors and end their turn.
2. Player Two then repeats step 1.
How to Win:
The first player to reach or pass 100 is declared the winner.
– Use 2 dice
Whole-Class Game Options:
– Use the electronic or printable game spinners at https://game-spinners.com or the virtual math dice here https://math-dice.com
Included in this Download:
2 Full-Color Boards
2 Low Color Boards
1 PowerPoint File showing the Game Boards for easy introduction and Number Talks
5 Math Vocabulary Wall Posters – What is a Prime Number? Is One a Prime Number? What is Two a Prime Number? What is a Factor? What is a Square Number?