Sight Word Game
No Three in a Row
Johnson List – Sight Words Game
Sight Word Games:
– Have fun practicing sight words with my ‘No Three in a Row’ game. It will spice up the learning of the Johnson High-Frequency Sight Words.
There are 4 full-color game boards as well as 4 low color versions of the game in this download. The low color versions of the game boards are ideal for sending home with students on Individual Literacy Plans or as a way to get some parental involvement in homework. NB This download also contains a PowerPoint file of all the color game boards. This file is designed to make the discussion of the sight words easier.
What You Need:
1 Johnson Word List Game Board
15 Counters of One Color
15 Counters of another Color
How to Play:
1. Player One is the person with the shortest hair.
2. Player One chooses a word, states it clearly to Player Two, and places one of their counters on it.
3. Player Two then chooses a word, states it clearly to Player One, and places one of their counters on it.
4. Play continues in this fashion until a player is forced to lay a counter and it makes a row of three either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
How to Win:
Be the person who DOES NOT place 3 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
Board 1 – The First Set of 25 Words:
– the, of, and, to, a, in, that, is, was, he, for, it, with, as, his, on, be, at, by, I, this, had, not, are, no
Sight Word Games – Johnson List
Board 2 – The Second Set of 25 Words:
– out, so, said, what, up, its, about, into, than, them, can, only, other,
new, some, could, time, these, two, may, then, do, first, any, like
Board 3 – The Third Set of 25 Words:
– our, over, man, me, even, most, made, after, did, many, before, must, through, back, years, where, much, your, way, well, down, should, those, people, Mr
Board 4 – The Fourth Set of 25 Words:
– how, too, little, good, very, make, world, still, own, see, men, work, long, get, here, between, both, under, never, day, same, if, my, now, because
Included in this Download:
4 Full-Color Boards
4 Low Color Boards
1 Set of Game Rules
1 PowerPoint file showing the color boards for easy display and discussion