Sight Word Games – Fry List – 1st 200 Words
Sight Word Games – Fry List – First 200 Words. Sight Word Games – 8 printable full-color games & 8 low color versions as well as a PowerPoint file with all the color versions for easy revision.
Sight Word Games
First 200 Words
‘No Three in a Row’ is a great sight word game that covers the First 200 Fry Sight Words. Students find it is an enjoyable and engaging way to learning to read sight words. This version of the game focuses on the first 200 Fry words. The lists are divided into 8 game boards which makes them ideal for differentiation and small group work.
There are 8 full-color game boards as well as 8 low-color versions of the game in this download. The low color versions of the game boards are ideal for sending home with students on Individual Literacy Plans or as a way to get some parental involvement in homework.
What You Need:
1 Fry Sight Word Game Board
15 Counters of One Color
15 Counters of Another Color
How to Play:
1. Player One is the person with the shortest hair.
2. Player One chooses a word, states it clearly to Player Two and places one of their counters on it.
3. Player Two then chooses a word, states it clearly to Player One and places one of their counters on it.
4. Play continues in this fashion until a player is forced to lay a counter and it makes a row of three either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
How to Win:
Be the person who DOES NOT place 3 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Included in this Download:
8 Full-Color Game Boards
8 Low Color Game Boards
1 PowerPoint Version with All the full-color versions of the game boards for easy discussion and revision.
Words Covered in this Download:
Fry Words – The First 100
Board 1 is First 100 List One:
– the, of, and, a, to, in, is, you, that, it, he, was, for, on, are, as, with, his, they, I, at, be, this, have & from.
Board 2 is First 100 List 2
– or, one, had, by, words, but, not, what, all, were, we, when, your, can, said, there, use, an, each, which, she, do, how, their & if.
Board 3 is First 100 List 3
– will, up, other, about, out, many, then, them, these, so, some, her, would, make, like, him, into, time, has, look, two, more, write, go & see.
Board 4 is First 100 List 4
– number, no, way, could, people, my, than, first, water, been, called, who, oil, sit, now, find, long, down, day, did, get, come, made, may & part.
Fry Words – The Second 100
Board 5 is First 200 List 1
– over, new, sound, take, only, little, work, know, place, years, live, me, back, give, most, very, after, things, our, just, name, good, sentence, man & think.
Board 6 is First 200 List 2
– say, great, where, help, through, much, before, line, right, too, means, old, any, same, tell, boy, follow, came, want, show, also, around, form, three & small.
Board 7 is First 200 List 3
– set, put, end, does, another, well, large, must, big, even, such, because, turn, here, why, ask, went, men, read, need, land, different, home, us & move.
Board 8 is First 200 List 4
– try, kind, hand, picture, again, change, off, play, spell, air, away, animal, house, point, page. letter, mother, answer, found, study, still, learn, should, America & world.