Dolch Sight Word Game – Free
Free Dolch Sight Words Game – Four in a Row
FREE Dolch Sight Word Game
Sight Word Game for High-Frequency Words
Four in a Row is a printable sight word game for beginning readers. This word game is one of the most popular on my website. Enjoy!
Our free Kindergarten sight word game (not site word hehe) covers words from the start of the Dolch List.
How to Play:
1. Roll the die.
2. Read a word with the same number as the dice.
3. Place one colored counter on the word if read correctly
4. The winner is the one to have 4 in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Included in this Download:
1 Full Color Board
1 Low Color Board
1 PowerPoint file ( game board for easy discussion & display)
1 set of Game Rules
– Print out the game boards and laminate them.
What You Need:
– One die (Yes ‘die’ is the singular, dice is the plural)
– Coloured counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
Tips and Hints:
• This game works best as a two-player game.
• Can be played without a die – children just choose words.
• Try playing best of three plays – this helps to reinforce sight word vocabulary.
• Rules can be adapted to get children to spell the word.
Where to Next?
Here is the full version of Dolch Sight Word Game – Be Sure to Check it Out… or maybe you need a Bossy e Game – Feel free to watch the video below before you click the link.