FREE Electronic & Printable Game Spinner – This superhero-themed Smartboard game spinner is FREE in a thinly veiled attempt to have you use it and think, ‘Gee, this guy’s stuff is really good. I wonder what else he has I could use with my students?’ 🙂
FREE Electronic Game Spinner
Plus a Free Printable One
FREE Electronic and Printable Game Spinner – Numbers One to Five
Game spinners are a fun (and much quieter) alternative option to dice.
There are 2 FREE & PRINTABLE game spinners in this download
as well as
2 Electronic Game Spinners for PCs & IWB
Gettin’ It Ready:
1. Print the spinner out – I like to use 100 weight card as it is a little more rigid than plain photocopier paper.
2. Cut out both spinners.
3. Laminate and enjoy.
How to Work It:
– Lay a paper clip flat on the spinner and place the point of a pencil on the center point of the circle as shown.
– Hold the pencil firmly and flick the paper clip with your finger so it spins.
– When the paper clip stops spinning the score is the number the endpoints towards.
When to Use It:
– Replace traditional dice in games to cut down the classroom noise a little 🙂
– Create variations of traditional games by introducing alternative numbered spinners eg instead of using a 6 sided die try a spinner with the numbers to 5.
How to Make It Spin Better:
Use a compass (the circle drawing one) to put a small hole in the center of the spinner to provide a place to anchor the pencil point.